Side Show

I don't remember when I started filling in at the sideshow . Maybe it was May and it was temporary and then it was till August 14 and now it is till September . We are wishing Gene a speedy healthy recovery .

My day is consumed . We usually get up and travel to the next town by 6.30 am , arriving hopefully no later than 8. Tent raising is usually at 9 ish . I recommend watching tent raising . Watching the guys get the tent in the air with Lisa pulling the center poles is a treat . An empty lot and then BOOM -3 hours later .. The circus lives.1.30 rolls around pretty fast and it is rigging time , usually in and out before 2..sometimes the Zebras are still practicing . My show activities begin at 3 , jockeying for shower and space in the trailer getting sparkly for the show . Marshall is always at the bandstand warming up by 3.30 and I sashay to the midway to invite patrons to see our oddities and antiquities inside professor Abner Mall's sideshow museum . 4.30 the show starts ...I do trapeze and then briskly shimmy back to the sideshow for intermission . I am there for after the show and preshow for the 7.30 show . Fresia covers for me while I set my mouthpiece in between shows ... At 9.30 I am done for the day. I get to do this every day until Gene returns ...