please look both ways

The most dangerous thing I do is drive . I am a safe driver , ask my insurance company . I even took a safe driving class to get a little break on my insurance . You can't be careful enough . The other day dear as I was driving..ok so I am driving , only 35 mph on a little curvy road . A person in a small gray rice burner vehicle pulled out , from the side street that had a stop sign, in front of me . They pulled out so close. The whole series of events is so fast and horrid . You turn the wheel away from them because you know your truck will kill them , you apply brakes..you think you can avoid this nightmare but the little gray rice burner doesn't stop. So you do what you have to do to avoid impact and then the crazy happens ..your truck takes over..it starts to slide and twist and turn and it is out of control and finally BAM something stops you and it is like an earthquake and the trailer slides around the truck for another BAM and you jump out of the truck !, glass is everywhere ,there is bent metal and the radio is on a hissing channel, some kind people come out of there home to ask if you are ok and do you need anything..you say you just need to walk around and call your family and your people who can make it better AND THEN you go around and you see the little gray car and they are in the middle of the road by the yellow line and they are fine and they drive away . You go into your truck and you look for your things .You find your purse and your phone and you see your coffee cup is ok in the cup holder and there are papers and a mess everywhere . The cops come lickity split they are very organized and get a wrecker or 2 or 3 . I call Marshall and Danny and Fridman and soon the truck and trailer are straightened out and Oscar takes me to the lot and I am glad it is a day off . I say I am sorry and Oscar says ,"everyday on your tent raising tour you say "we are over 300 tires going down the highway , sometimes things happen "..things happen.."

We arrive at the lot and Alex and Tavo park the truck like it is a normal day and then these amazing people start to fix things .

Marshall has some fabulous coffee and Tavana comes over and there is hugging and maybe I cried a couple of crocodile tears .

My friends on the circus ask me of my well being and we joke about a few things .

Before I know it my friend Rebecca shows up and whisks me to Chicago ..I take a long hot shower at her fun house, we have a little nosh and then go to some amazing yoga place and have a private perfect yoga class.

We finish the day by meeting up with Marshall , Fresia , the North's, Gene and the Rice's at the Midnight Circus..a fun sweet distraction to my morning .

We drove back to the circus I make some pasta and crawl into bed by 9.

What a day .