Mother of pearl

We are in Port Lavaca , Texas.We are parked smack on the water . The air is so different from the Rio Grande Valley . Humidity !! I feel luscious. . We walked downtown and found some sweet shops of the antique and nick knack persuasion . I have always loved Mother of Pearl and Abalone buttons . I should have bought more ! It turns out that they are not being made anymore and this store buys them from the guy that bought out all the stock from this famous God Bless America button manufacturer .  To make our outing magically unbelievable We stopped in a flooring store to buy some wood tiles for the bathroom ..it was a no go BUT the lovely store owner gave us a roll of purple carpet remnant and I think it says Berber on the back..Well it ain't going in the bathroom that is for sure , but we do have a nasty section of hallway that is a mysterious color of blue or who the heck knows at this point . A fun project in our mists .
My other fun project will be sewing these snazzy buttons on some darling jeans like tuxedo stripes . I will be all the rage ! Another day at the circus ...