Today I am an electrician







Friday February 6, 2009
Nothing kicks my butt like washing my truck.I am not emotionally attached to my truck,I like it, it goes,it stops,it hauls my stuff around...however it was disgusting and covered with salt and mud and snow dirt..I couldn't take it..AND it was a balmy 50+ f ! bikini weather.Tomorrow ..the trailer!
We have another day off ! Our building has been commandeered again by some more victims of KY ice storm 2009..
I melted a plug from running too many amps so I could a)keep from freezing to death, b) keep my trailer at a balmy 105 f . I like to play electrician and put ends(plugs) on cables.I use to think it was this amazingly difficult secret thing that only special people could do( to wire stuff),until I had to do it .It is easier than making toast.There are instructions and it is color coded.It is a fun job.
I bought this excellent tool, it is an ultrasonic measuring device! You put it on the floor and it throws sound waves to the beams and tells you the distance!I don't know how I survived without this important tool.
There is a circus 50 miles away.I can't bring myself to drive another 100 miles to see a circus.Call me selfish.I feel like a blob and until I sweat and get rid of all this cabin fever goop, I will not go out in public .I can only handle my co workers today..