The Scythian



Friday March 5 ,2009

In the early 1980's my folks had a Marshall cat/sailboat called the Scythian.Scythian are a band of nomadic wanderers.The boat was big enough for all.It was docked at the Constitution Marina in Boston.It was "the place" for cocktails in the summer, so exclusive!
One day my dad pulled me up to the crows nest to fix something. It was brutal for him, using a single pulley to hoist 115 lbs!!! However it was great fun for me. Maybe that was my first bit of aerial shenanigans,besides excellent tree climbing with Stephanie Welch. Stephanie Welch was really a natural aerialist, I was more of a Latin scholar. We switched roles.Very interesting.

Anyways here I am wandering and having adventures in the air....Maybe I should name my Airstream "Scythian 2".Done, it is named.

Today Delilah and I went to Bikram Yoga !! Her first time, she said she almost puked,but she stuck it out!! So brutal, hot , nothing like a great stretchy mental and physical workout.

The building is 12'-9". There is lattice that I squeezed my hands through and wrapped cables and hung my rigging. Very cute , low and tiny. The people are very close. I am going to shave.